COVID-19 AND ADOPTING
We have put extensive measures in place to protect you and our team from the threat of COVID-19.
- One of our biggest changes is that members of the public will no longer be able to visit us without making an appointment first. Walk ins will not be able to come onsite and our kennels, catteries and small animal houses will remain closed to the public.
- Please, please, please do not visit us if you are feeling unwell. Even if you start feeling under the weather a few hours before your appointment please call us and we will be happy to re-arrange it for you. If you are visibly unwell, please don’t be offended if you are asked to leave or are asked not to come inside the centre.
- We cannot supply visitors with protective equipment so if you are visiting us we encourage you to bring a mask and protective gloves if you have them. However, you will be allowed to attend the appointment if you don't have a mask or gloves.
- Perspex shields have now been fitted in our reception area to keep you and our staff members safe.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser (that will be provided) before entering and leaving a new area of the site area i.e. reception, meeting room, cattery etc.
- Foot baths will be set up outside our reception, and outside all viewing rooms (this doesn’t mean you need to take off your socks and shoes and start scrubbing!). The foot bath will sanitise the bottom of your shoes.
- You will be asked to try keep a 2 metre distance from staff members at all times.
- When meeting your new potential pet staff will talk you through how they will safely present the animal to you. Please listen carefully, ask any questions you may have and follow the guidance provided.
- You will only be able to view one animal at your appointment and you must follow all guidelines in place, if the animal you’re seeing isn’t a match staff will help you make another appointment for another one at a later date.
- There will be clear signage, indicating what you’ll need to do, throughout the site. Staff will also be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- We kindly ask when paying the adoption fees for your new pet that you use a card where possible (our card machine will be cleaned after every use).
- To comply with new Covid-19 health and safety procedures, dogs will be handed over at our back gate using a safe and tested method with leads. Cats and other smalls will be placed in a carrier or an appropriate and safe container and placed in reception for collection.
This is just as new for us as it will be for you, so please don’t be afraid to ask us any questions you may have. We’ll do our best to make everything as easy as we can for you, we just ask that you bear with us whilst we adapt to these new ways of working too!