COVID-19 AND ADOPTING
We have put extensive measures in place to protect you and our team from the threat of COVID-19.
- One of the biggest changes we have
introduced, brought about by the Covid-19 crisis, is that members of the public
will no longer be able to visit us without making an appointment first. Walk-ins will not be able to come onsite and our kennels, catteries and small animal
houses will remain closed to the public.
- Please, please, please do not visit
us if you are feeling unwell. Even if you start feeling under the weather a few
hours before your appointment please call us and we will be happy to re-arrange
it for you. If you are visibly unwell, please don’t be offended if you are
asked to leave or are asked not to come inside the centre.
- We cannot supply visitors with
protective equipment so if you are visiting us we would kindly ask you to bring
a mask with you and wear it correctly at all times whilst on-site.
- Perspex shields have been fitted in our reception areas to keep you and our staff members safe.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser (that will be provided) before entering and leaving a new area of the site area i.e. reception, meeting room, cattery etc.
- Foot baths are set up outside our reception, and outside all viewing rooms (this doesn’t mean you need to take off your socks and shoes and start scrubbing!). The foot bath will sanitise the bottom of your shoes.
- Please ensure that whilst on site you are adhering to social distancing measures at all times.
- When meeting your new potential pet staff will talk you through how they will safely present the animal to you. Please listen carefully, ask any questions you may have and follow the guidance provided.
- There will be clear signage, indicating what you’ll need to do, throughout the site. Staff will also be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- We kindly ask when paying the adoption fees for your new pet that you use a card where possible (our card machine will be cleaned after every use).
- To comply with Covid-19 health and safety procedures, dogs will be handed over at our back gate using a safe and tested method with leads. Cats and other smalls will be placed in a carrier or an appropriate and safe container and placed in reception for collection.
- This is just as new for us as it will be for you, so please don’t be afraid to ask us any questions you may have. We’ll do our best to make everything as easy as we can for you, we just ask that you bear with us whilst we adapt to these new ways of working too!