How we are managing the COVID-19 outbreak
Last updated: 05/01/2021
This is a live web page, we will continue to update the information here when we have information and updates to share.
Due to the Government’s third national lockdown measures, we must say a fond farewell for now, as we temporarily close our doors until restrictions are lifted. This also means our pop-up shop in Clifton Village is now closed until further notice.
However, we’re still here to help you and animals in need in any way we can. If you have questions or concerns please feel free to call us.
As always, we thank you so much for your support and if you’re able to make a financial contribution today, however large or small, to help us to keep our animals safe, happy and healthy we’d be incredibly grateful. Click here to donate.
Stay safe everyone.
With love from all your furry, feathered, two and four-legged friends at Bristol A.R.C. UPDATED: 05/01/21
Below is a list of how our services are currently operating:
- We will continue to take in and care for stray, unwanted and abandoned animals.
- Our animals will be cared for and rehabilitated as usual, and when they are ready to find their forever home, their details will be added to our website – click here to see the animals ready to be rehomed.
- We will continue to accept applications for the animals in our care, and as soon as restrictions are lifted, we will start our ‘meet and greet’ appointments again, so that we can get our rescues into their forever homes as quickly as we can. To read more about our adoption process and access our application forms click here.
- Applications will be treated on a first-come, first-serve basis like normal, however we’ll need to delay our meet and greet and adoption appointments until lockdown restrictions are lifted. Our friendly rehoming team will provide further details if you do apply for an animal and we find you a pawfect match.
- If you need to give your pet up to be rehomed we are here to help, please click here for more details.
- In agreement with Bristol City Council, we are continuing to run our stray dog service, although we are only able to operate this between the hours of 8.00 am – 5.00 pm daily. Outside of these hours, members of the public will be encouraged to retain possession of the stray dog temporarily until it can be brought to us.
- Our Clinic Team can take in injured or unwell strays and wildlife. We will be accepting emergencies and urgent cases only, with social distancing measures in place.
- Wildlife must be brought in to us in a box (or suitable secure container with air holes), or placed in a box that will we provide in Clinic reception.
- We will be postponing all of our Outreach Clinics in Lawrence Weston and Knowle West until further notice, but we continue to support our outreach clients with our remote service.
- Our Clinic is offering a new low-cost neutering service, to eligible cat owners who are on low incomes in the Bristol area. Click here to find out more.
- Sadly, we have no events scheduled for the foreseeable future. However, please join us on our social media channels to keep up to date with any virtual events and activities. If you’d like to raise money for us by hosting your own virtual event please click here for inspiration or contact our Fundraising Team, we’re happy to help!
Offers of support, including foster homes and donations of items:
- We’ve been so touched by the offers of support from everyone, from offers of food and bedding to foster homes. But for now, we are not asking our supporters to donate food or other items or to take animals in for fostering.
This is very much a live situation, and this information may change, if and when that does we will update the information on our website and social media to let you know. Thank you so much once again to each and every one of you for thinking of us at this time, it really does mean a lot to us.
- We’ve been truly touched by the offers of support that we’ve received in these difficult times. For those supporters that wish to make a financial donation, and are in a position to do so, you can do this by clicking here. This would be the best way to help us right now. We continue to have our day to day running costs, and anticipate increased costs in the coming months with a likely increase in the need for our to supports animals in need in Bristol.
Our staff team:
- We’ve made changes so that we can protect our front line staff team as best as we can, in order to continue to look after the animals that need our care. All Bristol A.R.C. staff are classified as essential workers.
- We have also implemented the recommendations of Public Health England across our Rescue Centre, and will continue to ensure that all our animals are being well cared for at all times. All staff members are being extra diligent in terms of self-care and personal hygiene, and are encouraged to self-isolate and call 111 if they experience symptoms, get an alert from their track and trace app, or come into contact with anyone they know or suspect may have the virus.
Our pop-up shop:
- Our pop-up shop in Clifton Village is now closed until further notice.
We are grateful to everyone for their patience and understanding throughout this difficult time for us all. Stay safe everyone.