Found a cat?
It can be difficult to tell if a cat is genuinely a stray. These steps might be useful if you believe you have found a homeless cat:
- Check with your neighbours to make sure it isn’t their cat. They might be new to the area.
- Put in ‘found’ cat posters in the local area – remember to include local shops and vet practices.
- If it is safe to do so, put a paper collar on the cat with your details, asking the owner to call you. You can download these collars to print online. If nobody calls you within a few days, the cat is likely a stray.
- The cat may have a microchip – bring it to our Clinic or take it to your local vets to have it checked.
- Put the cat on Pets Located – an online resource that reunites lost animals with their owners.
- If you live in the Bristol area and have taken these steps but not traced an owner, call the RSPCA Bristol Animal Clinic on 0117 9724567 to see if we can take the cat for rehoming.