Help & Advice
Lost pet advice
We are sorry to hear that your pet has gone missing. We hope our tips below will be helpful:
Please give our Clinic and Rehoming Centre a call on (Clinic) 0117 9724567 and (Rehoming Centre) 0117 9776043 to see if we have taken in your pet.
If you have lost a
Contact the Bristol City dog wardens on 0117 9222500
Contact the South Gloucestershire dog wardens on 01454 868000
Other useful tips:
- Put up posters in your local area.
- Call local vets to see if your pet has been taken there.
- Visit Pets Located – an online resource for lost and found pets.
Found a dog?
If you’ve found a stray dog it is a legal requirement that you report it to your local council dog warden unit:
Contact the Bristol City on 0117 9222500
Contact the South Gloucestershire on 01454 868000
We hold the stray contract for Bristol which means that we take in all stray dogs found in the Bristol City Council area. Call 07792 028235 for advice.
Found a cat?
It can be difficult to tell if a cat is genuinely
- Check with your
- If it is safe to do so, put a paper collar on the cat with your details, asking the owner to call you. You can download these collars to print online. If nobody calls you within a few days, the cat is likely a stray.
- The cat may have a microchip – bring it to our Clinic or take it to your local vets to have it checked.
- Put the cat on Pets Located – an online resource that reunites lost animals with their owners.
- If you live in the Bristol area and have taken these