Newfoundland Water Rescue
We are delighted to be working together with Newfound Friends to offer the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of experiencing first-hand the extreme power, strength and gentle nature of a Newfoundland rescue dog!
On Saturday 15 September we will be in Portishead Marina with the fantastic Newfound Friends, raising money for the thousands of animals that pass through our doors every year.
You will be taken out by boat into the marina, you will jump in and before you know it one of the amazing Newfoundland dogs will be with you to show off their incredible water-rescue skills.
Date: Saturday 15 September 2018
Time: 10am – 4pm (the experience will last up to 1 hour, you will receive your allocated slot a few weeks before the day)
Secure your place today: Registration costs only £30 and we ask for £100 minimum fundraising, although people often raise far more than this!
- Fundraising pack
- Full support on the day by Bristol A.R.C. and Newfoundl Friends
- Professional photos taken on the day
- Wetsuit provided
- Get up close and personal with the amazing Newfoundland water rescue dogs
- Participants must be aged 8 or over and under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult
- Participants must not exceed 15 stone
- Participants must be able to swim without aid and be confident in the water as this event takes place in open water and not a swimming pool
- Wetsuits and buoyancy aids will be provided
Newfoundland dogs are known for their giant size, intelligence, strength and loyalty. They excel at water rescue because of their muscular build, thick double coat, webbed feet, and innate swimming abilities.
The event is run by the incredible team at Newfound Friends and their well trained and beautiful Newfoundland Dogs, on behalf of Bristol A.R.C. Newfound Friends have been organising rescue days for over 25 years and have so far raised over £1 million for UK charities. The event is kindly supported by Portishead Quays Marina. To read more about Newfoundland Friends please click here.