Experience first-hand the extreme power, strength and gentle nature of a Newfoundland rescue dog!
On Saturday 22 June at Portishead Marina you will be suited up, taken out into Portishead Quays Marina by boat and then asked to jump in and before you know it your incredible 14 stone doggy hero will come to shows off their water-rescue skills, towing you safely back to the boat.
To sign up please contact the fundraising team on email@example.com for your application pack!
You will be taken out by boat into the marina, jump in and before you know it one of the amazing Newfoundland dogs will be with you to tow you to the boat.
Date: Saturday 22 June 2019
Time: 10am – 4pm (the experience will last up to 1 hour, you will receive your allocated slot a few weeks before the day)
Secure your place today: Registration costs only £30 and we ask for £150 minimum fundraising, although people often raise far more than this!
- Fundraising pack
- Full support on the day by Bristol A.R.C. and Newfound Friends
- Professional photos taken on the day
- Wetsuit provided
- Get up close and personal with the amazing Newfoundland water rescue dogs
- Participants must be aged 8 or over and under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult
- Participants must not exceed 15 stone
- Participants must be able to swim without aid and be confident in the water as this event takes place in open water and not a swimming pool
- Wetsuits and buoyancy aids will be provided
Newfoundland dogs are known for their giant size, intelligence, strength and loyalty. They excel at water rescue because of their muscular build, thick double coat, webbed feet, and innate swimming abilities.
The event is run by the incredible team at Newfound Friends and their well trained and beautiful Newfoundland Dogs, on behalf of Bristol A.R.C. Newfound Friends have been organising rescue days for over 25 years and have so far raised over £1 million for UK charities. The event is kindly supported by Portishead Quays Marina. To read more about Newfoundland Friends please click here.
Name: Fundraising team